In the Super Hero Themed Beach Clean Up video I was fortunate enough to have some awesome friends with some amazing kids participate in a super hero themed beach clean up.
I wanted to create this video for a few reasons:
- This video was the first of several themed beach clean up videos that will be released this year. The goal is to get the attention of the general public in order to bring awareness to the issue of pollution, inspire people to get out there and make a difference and get in front of as many people who are interested in ocean conservation as possible. For those of you who are new here, this year’s goal for Aquapparel is to get 1 Million Subscribers to my YouTube Channel. I believe that by reaching 1 million people, I can help make a very large, positive impact regarding ocean conservation. Sometimes the science approach bores people to be honest. So combining entertainment with showing people that they too can make a difference I think is a win/win.
- These 7 kids removed a lot of trash from the beach that day. Any trash removed from the beach is a win. They definitely saved some marine life with their efforts. They also will likely never forget the experience and how it made them feel. I know I will never forget that feeling the first time I helped in a trash clean up. In the video I wanted to convey that feeling which is why they are dressed up as super heroes. Because that’s how you feel when do something that’s bigger than yourself – like a super hero. A great lesson for kids to learn.
- A lot of kids watch content on YouTube. If they see other kids cleaning the beach, hopefully they will be inspired to do the same. Which brings me to the topic of this blog post: How Your Kid Can Become an Eco-Hero
For those of you who don’t know, my background is in Marketing, specifically Digital Marketing. If your kid is passionate about making a difference in this world and you want to help give them a head start, here’s what you can do to set them up for success:
- Create a name for your kid’s cause. For example, here in South Florida there is a group of kids who started an organization called SOL which stands for Saving Ocean Life. They organize community beach clean ups and participate in all kinds of local events. I will leave a link to their Facebook page in this video’s description so that you can check them out.
- Set up social media profiles for each platform of importance at the moment: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter.
- Take pictures and videos of your kid participating in beach cleanups and local ocean conservation related events. This will help build up their content over time, like a resume.
- Set up a website for your kid and include a blog. Every time you participate in something, help your kid write a blog post about what they participated in and their experience. Be sure to include what they learned so that they can share that with others.
Let’s say that your child is 10 years old. If they start now, by the time they turn 18 and are ready to go to college and purse a career they now have an 8 year head start. Today having a presence on social media is very important to your success in several industries. I imagine as time goes on it will become even more important. Having even a few years of a head start will help your child become successful in the long run and all of their efforts along the way will make them an eco-hero.